Hello, Fiona here from Fiona Clabon Illustration.
Customers are at the core of my creative business, and so valuing yourselves and the data you provide is of the utmost importance. I am committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of my visitors and customers.
As part of the registration process for the Fiona Clabon Illustration email newsletter, personal information is collected. What data is collected and why can be found Collection Notice on my newsletter sign up page.
I use that information to send you the newsletter and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied – in alignment with the GDPR this will be every two years.
I do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
I use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletter. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help monitor and improve my newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to my newsletter any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of my emails or sending an email to email@example.com
Information I Collect
I sell online through www.fionaclabon.co.uk, Not on the High Street, Etsy and The Bristol Shop.
To fulfil your online order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
Please be assured that I do not share your personal details with any other companies.
The information you provide when placing an online order through the websites mentioned above will only ever be used for the order fulfilment process. You will not be automatically signed up to any marketing information and will not be contacted unless there is a query with your order.
However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers, including contact information and transaction data, for up to seven years.
Data is secured on my laptop, that is password protected and encrypted. I am the sole user of the laptop and have installed appropriate internet security software.
I use an external hard drive to back up my laptop files and data.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
When someone visits www.fionaclabon.co.uk I use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of my website and which products are more popular. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
I also use certain third-party service providers, such as payment transaction processors, who have their own privacy policies in respect to the information I am required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
These and their own Privacy Policies are listed below:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Fiona Clabon, am the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternately, you may mail me at:
Unit M2, BV Studios
37 Philip Street